Sunday, August 4, 2013

SECTA SUICIDA SIGLO 20 LP


Back to Mexico for an obscure punk masterpiece. I don't really know much about this band other than they had a few tape releases in the late 80's, and this LP was originally released by the band back in 1989. You could describe their sound as a dark and beautiful chaotic mess - most of the time each player is playing each part however they want, a bar or two off time from each other, and the woman singing pretty much does the same. But the magical thing is, despite the complete chaos, it comes off really intense and I can still bob my head and follow what's going on. Also SS-20 wins the contest for best and most unique cover version of "Now I Wanna Be Your Dog" in Spanish, over PARALISIS PERMANENTE (Spain) and NARCOSIS (Peru)! This is one of several copies I've seen popping up over the last couple years that seem to be exact reproductions of the original. Not sure who did it, but glad they did, cuz it looks and sounds great. Pure, raw, honest, and scrappy hardcore punk. 


2 comments:

  1. thanks for this!!!! great!!!
    i added your blog to my list..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im looking for info about this band, old interviews, photos, whatever you have. For writing in my zine,

    Please write me: discultura@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete