Monday, February 4, 2013

DEUS EX MACINA - Execute/Iraq 'N' Roll 7"


Excellent first single from this Greek band formed in 1989. This band is still active, but I get the feeling they are more a part of the "rock club punk" scene than the DIY/squat scene, though I recall seeing older flyers from the early 90's with them playing at squats with bands like NAYTIA. Both of these songs are strong mid-paced jammers with great guitar leads and gruff vocals. "Execute" is darker and more memorable I think, but the catchy chorus of "Iraq ' N' Roll" keeps me flipping this thing back over and over again. I don't know much else about this band, but I have also heard their first album Motorpsycho, which is also really good and in the same style as these songs. Anyone have a spare copy they'd like to sell for cheap??



2 comments:

  1. MEdiafire link got blocked, so I've added a new link for this one. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there friend. Mitsos agrinio here, greece. There is a band to add for sure, " ZIGGY WAS - here LP". I can mention a few very nice greek bands if you are intrested or where you can find them.

    ReplyDelete