Friday, January 25, 2013

KORRUPTE OPPKASTERE - Moralen Ut Til Folket EP


My gorgeous partner organized a surprise party for my birthday last night and we were out late drinking and playing shuffleboard (it's actually fun, not as lame as it sounds). As a result I've got a pounding headache and  I'm playing hooky for half of the day. I was not gonna bother with this blog today, but why not just throw something up really quick right? That's usually not my style - I like writing a bit about the music/band that I'm posting, but I really have no info about this 7", so I don't have to say much! 



All I can tell you about this is I ordered it from a distro several years ago because it said it was from Norway, and it turned out to be pretty cool. There's dual male/female singing, punk, hardcore, and some experimenting with other styles too. "Kjønnsyksommer" is a really diverse and catchy tune that sounds like a mix between 00's Kick n Punch stuff and...I dunno...JOYCE MCKINNEY EXPERIENCE? Like if GORILLA ANGREB was angrier and weirder? Yeah, so don't overlook this one just cuz I don't know anything about it - it exhibits a lot of originality!

1 comment:

  1. This band actually has dual female vocals with some male back up vocals. The guitarist on this record is Kenneth from 2:20, now in Knuste Ruter (I think...they had four different guitarists in four years). Nina (the male sounding one) went on to a short lived band with Børre and Kenneth. Cant remember how many songs they made. I think maybe Knuste Ruter used the songs later, but I can't remember. Cecilie (the female sounding one) moved to Germany and played in Pestfest, and is now in Sort of Sober. Eddie (the drummer) and Inge (the bassist) played in Angstsemblet afterwards.

    ReplyDelete