Thursday, January 3, 2013

DAMAGES - Defection



Here's the latest great cassette from Silenzio Statico. DAMAGES are a new punk band from somewhere around or near the Los Angeles area. I met a couple of these guys for a split second at the Subversion Fest in Oakland a month or so ago, and they seemed like nice punkers, but I don't have a lick of info about them! What I can say is that from the awesome choppy angular bass/guitar intro on "Fullproof," all the way through the catchy guitar solo and ending chorus on "Vatican Rats," this is a solid and promising first effort! Expect plenty of good simple melodies, cool riffs, snotty punk-as-fuck vocals, and a variety of creative song structures. Can I call it evolved street punk? See, that just sounds silly, but this tape is great, not silly. Do yourself a favor and track this one down at staticopunx@gmail.com or dmgsdmgsdmgs@gmail.com. I can't wait to hear more from these guys!


1 comment:

  1. All I have to say is that this band is GRRRRREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete